Arizona bicycle tour of the Old West, Tucson to Tombstone via desert flora and fauna to Arizona wine country!
Search ResultsSearching for Any Activity in Any Country
- President Theodore Roosevelt, an avid outdoorsman, advocated for the preservation of the Grand Canyon area and hunted and took in the breathtaking scenery there on numerous occasions. However, it took until 1919 to become the 15th national park.
- The specific geologic processes and timing that formed the Grand Canyon spark lively debates by geologists. The general scientific consensus, updated at a 2010 conference, holds that the Colorado River carved the Grand Canyon beginning 5 million to 6 million years ago.
- The big picture: there were two ancestral canyons, one in the west and one in the east. And the western canyon may be as old as 70 million years.
- Many people consider it to be one of the seven wonders of the natural world.
- The Grand Canyon is 277 miles (446 kilometres) in length.
- There are no dinosaur bones in the Grand Canyon - The rock that makes up the canyon walls is vastly more ancient than the dinosaurs – about a billion years more ancient
- Supai Village is located at the base of the Grand Canyon within the Havasupai Indian Reservation. Inaccessible by road and with a population of just 208, it is the most remote community in the lower 48 states, and is the only place where mail is still delivered by pack mule.
Bicycle tour on a self guided basis to explore the postcard perfect Dalmatian coast from Split to Dubrovnik
Enjoy deluxe lodging while discovering all the charms of Tuscany on a self guided bicycle tour!
Perfect add-on to another SE Asia tour, or alone, visit famous Angkor Wat and Siem Reap by Bicycle!
Enjoy guest house bicycle tour lodging while discovering the charming western region of the Wild Atlantic Way
Cycling tour from Barcelona to the wine country of Penedes
Road Cycling Tour of Sonoma County and Wine Country
Vietnam Cycling Tour from Hanoi to the central coast at Hue and Hoi An where culture and history make for an amazing discovery from the bike saddle