Day 1 | Arrival to Logroño
Convenient location just 40 metres from Santa María de la Redonda Cathedral in Logroño’s old town. This stylish hotel maintains its 19th-century façade and the contemporary rooms feature parquet floors and air conditioning. They contain an LCD TV, and the private bathrooms come with a hairdryer. The La Rioja region is well known for its food, and there are various good tapas restaurants in San Juan Street and Laurel Street, located under 5 minutes’ walk from the Marqués de Vallejo.
Day 2 | Walk to Navarette - 13 km, 3-4 hrs
Hotel Rey Sancho is set in a restored, historic building of the XVIIc in Navarrete right on the Camino de Santiago and very near the main square. Rey Sancho’s restaurant serves typical meals from the La Rioja region and there is a large wine cellar.
Day 3 | Walk to Nájera - 16 km, 4-5 hrs
Housed in a charming property dating from the 17th century, Duques de Najera is situated next to Najerilla river. Each of the bedrooms in Duques de Nájera comes with an en-suite bathroom and is decorated in bright colours, boasting plenty of natural light.
Day 4 | Walk to Santo Domingo de la Calzada - 21 km, 5-6 hrs
Santo Domingo de la Calzada
The hotel occupies a former 12th-century hospital near the cathedral, erected by St. Dominic to take in pilgrims traveling on the Way of St. James. It has a regal, elegant style, with majestic function rooms and a lobby filled with Gothic arches and wood coffered ceilings. Fine materials and eye-catching colors—whites and blues—give way to comfortable guest rooms decorated with exquisite taste.
Day 5 | Walk to Belorado - 22 km, 5-6 hrs
Restored stone house located right on the Camino, only 50 metres away from the Main Square.
Day 6 | Walk to Villafranca Montes de Oca - 12 km, 3-4 hrs
Villafranca Montes de Oca
The Hotel San Antón Abad is a former hospital for pilgrims built in 1377. It preserves its original design featuring classic furniture and tastefully decorated rooms featuring stone walls with archways and beamed ceilings. Located in the town centre.
Day 7 | Walk to Atapuerca - 18 km, 5 hrs
Located between the Oca Mountains and the city of Burgos. The archaeological site of Atapuerca, a UNESCO World Heritage site, is a 5-minute walk away and tickets can be directly purchased at Hotel Rural Papasol
Day 8 | Walk to Burgos - 23 km, 5-6 hrs
The NH Collection Palacio de Burgos hotel is located in the heart of Burgos, by the River Arlanzón and a few minutes’ walk from the cathedral. The building itself is every bit as impressive as the setting – a magnificent Gothic creation built in the 16th and 17th centuries. The hotel features some rooms with spectacular views of the cathedral and river as well as an award-winning restaurant.
Day 9 | Departure Day
Camino Frances - Logrono to Burgos (8 nights)
Upgraded hotel in Burgos (double room):
Single Supplement (for 2 or more travelers, no solo bookings possible):
Optional dinners (6 dinners included):
- 8 nights accommodations in double room with private bath
- Daily breakfast
- All luggage transfers from hotel to hotel (limit 1 bag per person)
- Local emergency support throughout your tour during daylight riding hours
- Arrival orientation by phone
- Route maps, route cue sheets with suggestions for visitation and site information (1 per room)
- All pre and post travel planning services
- A package of pre-travel documents sent electronically to help you prepare for your trip.
- Hiking boots/trekking boots or trail shoes
– sturdy, mid-weight, and well broken in.
- Trekking poles
- optional if you use them, bring them
- Day pack - 1500+ cubic in (24 liter) with chest and waste straps A packing list is always sent at 60 days prior to travel. No other special gear or backpacking gear is required. Some things you may want to bring:
- GPS - Smartphone with GPS app, and local SIM card for low cost calling
Our Destination guide will give you general travel info about this country; best time to travel, interesting sites, airports, weather, and more. We will include a PDF summary of this tour as well.