Day 1 | Arrival Day
nám. Svobody 1111 VALTICE
Welcome to Valtice, the original residence of the Liechtenstein family, which is now a part of the Lednice-Valtice area enlisted in the UNESCO list of cultural and natural heritage. The charm of the Lednice-Valtice area is crowned as one of the most beautiful European complexes. This unique region offers kilometres of paths for cycling and walking. Welcome to cozy family guesthouse PRINZ, which is located in the historical centre of Valtice. We have prepared eight double rooms and one single room for our guests. There is airconditioning in each of five attic rooms. We also offer four foldaways. All the rooms are comfortably furnished with a TV set, telephone, internet connection and en-suite bathroom with shower-box and toilet. Breakfast is included and is served in a stylish dining room as a buffet or in summertime on the terrace.
Day 2 | Ride from Valtice to Mikulov
Husova 50 Mikulov
Hotel Templ Mikulov offers the possibility of accommodation in 17 rooms, each of which has its own specific atmosphere. The capacity of the hotel is 33 beds with an option of 13 extra beds. The hotel complex is located in two historical buildings. In the hotel you will find a child-friendly environment - baby cots, high chairs, individual children's menu, non/smoking areas, children's bikes, games. Electronically secured car parking in the hotel complex, limited capacity in front of the hotel. Parking is also available at a public parking lot at the beginning of Husova Street, just 50m away from the hotel.
Day 3 | Ride to Vranov nad Dyji
Vranov nad Dyji
Small country inn located alongside the Dyji River and with a view on the castle. Little English spoken; mostly twin beds available.
Day 4 | Ride to Slavonice then Telc
Namesti Zachariase z Hradce 43 Telc
Hotel Celerin is located on the main square of Telc, "namesti Zachariase z Hradce", in a quiet place. Nestled on the main square in the medieval village of Telc (1.5 hours drive from Prague), this no-frills hotel offers double rooms, some of which face the square. Rooms come with a comfortable bed, a bathroom, a phone and a TV. A neat restaurant located in the cellar takes care of your gastronomic needs. In summers, it features an outdoor seating under shady umbrellas. All in all, this is a simple, clean and reasonably priced accommodation.
Day 5 | Ride to Jindrichuv Hradec
Namesti Miru 141/I 377 01 Jindrichuv Hradec
The Hotel Concertino - Zlata Husa is one of the largest hotel situated directly in the main square, 5 min walk from the castle complex. The family-run CONCERTINO HOTEL offers not only comfortable accommodation but also first-class Czech, international and fish cuisines in its Zlata Husa Restaurant, pleasant time in the Cafe Bar and many other options such as barbecue on its summer patio.
Day 6 | Ride to Trebon
Nerudova 48 118 00 Praha 1
The Golden Star offers accommodation in standard single and double rooms and commodious suites (up to 4 persons). The historic and romantic atmosphere of the interior is underlined by wooden period furniture. From the rooms, there is a wonderful view of Prague Castle, Royal Route and the Lesser Town rooftops. All rooms have comfort bathrooms, with a tub and/or a shower. The rooms are equipped with a hair drier, minibar, safe, direct dial telephone, TV set with satellite reception. There is a possibility of cable internet connection. The guest rooms as well as all public areas equipment meets the EU safety and fire protection standards.
Day 7 | Ride to Cesky Krumlov
The hotel offers accommodation in 11 luxury equipped double rooms, triple rooms and four-bed rooms. Some rooms offer unique view of the river and panorama of the town. The most precious jewel is of course Cesky Krumlov State Castle and Chateau with its majestic tower coming from the second half of 13th century, further on Saint Vitus Cathedral, Saint Jostss Church, vast complex of the brewery and 300 houses of the municipal preserve with the meader of the Vltava river the view of which can be well seen from our rooms. Each room is equipped with its own bathroom (including both bath and shower), TV, telephone, internet access, in-room safe and refrigerator. Buffet style breakfast is served in top floor of the hotel.
Day 8 | Departure day
Czech Republic - Vienna to Prague LIGHT self-guided
Double Occupancy 2 persons:
Double Occupancy 4 persons:
Double Occupancy 6 persons:
Czech Republic - Vienna to Prague guided
Private group of 4 to 7 participants:
Private group of 8 or more
Note: if you are looking to join an existing guided group, please inquire for set dates.
How do our rates compare? See Why Pure Adventures is Better We include more services, respond quicker, and are there for your entire trip not just part of it. As a US based company, you can pay conveniently and securely. Call us toll free now 800-960-2221 (USA/Canada 8am-5pm MST); or eMail Us we respond same day to all emails. Our goal is to be better, respond quicker, and save you both time and money. We may not always be the least expensive, but we will be the best value for the money and time. Don't forget, we offer many destinations and will help you choose the best one for you. Let us help you and make your vacation easy!
Hybrid Bike Rentals are are available for a supplement of 105 euros, please see the bike information below for details.
- All lodging in superior quality inns and small hotels
- Breakfast daily (usually a hot/cold buffet)
- Luggage transfers from hotel to hotel
- Local emergency support throughout the trip
- Cell phone rental (for local calls only - to our support)
-Transportation as in program
- Orientation on day 1
- Transfer to the first hotel from the train station on day 1
- Riding routes with maps and cue sheets
- Suggestions for visitation and dining
- Bike delivery, pickup, and fitting
- 1 GPS per group
Dates: April through October; You can go any date subject to hotel availability. See a list of events below to help you choose some dates.
Self guided or guided: available on request from April through October.
What is self-guided cycling?
Level 2-3 - Moderate plus; terrain is flat to rolling; itineraries can be adapted for longer ride options.Tour Highlights: - Enjoy this lightly traveled former communist controlled area of the Czech Republic to discover castles, artisans, and charming people. - Try an original Budweiser in Cesky Krumlov - This trail has a superb combination of landscape, chateaux, and UNESCO World Heritage sites. Need to Know: - This tour can be booked as a self-guided or guided tour. We can also arrange private guided group with 4 or more participants. Individuals can join guided departures on Jun 10-17, July 15-22, August 12-19, September 8-15. Groups of 4 or more can request custom departures. - Hotel in Prague is not included but is recommended. Please contact us for rates.
- The Festival of the Five-petalled Rose (usually mid-June) - Historical Renaissance festival with parades of people in medieval clothes as well as music concerts.
- Festival of Chamber music (End of June - early July) - Festival of the classical music with the longest tradition in Cesky Krumlov. Part of the festival comprises of ‘Music through the Ages’ where music can be heard on the tour route of Cesky Krumlov Castle.
- The International Music Festival (Mid-July to Mid-August) - Largest of Cesky Krumlov´s festivals. It has been going since 1992 and includes music of all periods with the
participation of renowned instrumentalists, singers, chamber ensembles, choirs and symphony orchestras.
- Festival of Early music (July) - Medieval, Renaissance and Baroque music played on original musical instruments where the original musical sources and the customs of interpretation of the period are respected.
- Jazz at the Summer´s end (Early September) - International jazz and alternative music festival. In addition to traditional venues the spontaneity of cafes, small bars, squares and unusual spaces are used for performances.- Celebrations of St.Wenceslas (September) - Autumn fair, celebration of good food and drink, theater pieces, and concerts for St.Wenceslas Day (Patron Saint of the Czech Lands).
- International Prague Spring Music Festival (May–June) - International music festival featuring orchestral and theater series, church concerts, recitals, morning concerts chamber music and symphony orchestras. http://www.festival.cz/en/
- Khamoro (May) - Roma Festival strives to show the richness and complexity of Roma culture and traditions. The festival is divided into 3 sections: professional, cultural and media. The festival strives on the one hand to present Roma culture, art and traditions as an integral part of Czech, European and world culture. http://www.khamoro.cz
- Verdi festival (August-September)-traditional festival of Verdi operas. http://www.opera.cz/en/
- Prague Autumn (September- October ) - International music festival. http://www.strunypodzimu.cz/en
International Jazz Festival (October-November).
Bikes Available on This Tour:
Trek or Scott hybrids:
TREK 7300 FX hybrid bicycle are a suitable choice for all our routes in Central Europe. They combine aspects of road and mountain bikes, being fast and capable of both paved and unpaved ride surfaces. Trek 7300fx Spec Sheet | We have men's and women's frames in your size; and either a Trek or Scott Sportster 40 Hybrid may be assigned to meet your needs. Rental Rate for this tour: 105 EurosIncluded are:
Road bikes (Trek Domane and Silque WSD) as well as E-bikes are available for a higher rental supplement. Please inquire for rates and details.
Road bikes (Trek Domane and Silque WSD) as well as E-bikes are available for a higher rental supplement. Please inquire for rates and details.TREK 900 Tandem are also available : Our TREK 900 tandem bicycles are sturdy, strong and comfortable. The Alpha aluminum frame makes it light. Bontrager Comfort K tires provide smooth rolling and easy braking, while the comfortable, upright riding position allows you to enjoy the view. The tandem bicycle comes with larger, 50- liter capacity panniers.
Our Destination guide will give you general travel info about this country; best time to travel, interesting sites, airports, weather, and more. We will include a PDF summary of this tour as well.