Day 1 | Salzburg - St. Gilgen (49 km / 31 miles)
At the Gasthof zur Post you can come and enjoy the extraordinary ambiance created by the combination of the old world and new design. For as far as the exterior of the building may be original and familiar, the inside is extremely creative and fascinating with a love for detail so apparent in the recently renovated rooms. Here it is simply natural that everything is fitted together in a perfect picture of harmony. Green Loden, a great deal of wood and antlers and you will be really surprised at the originality of the way these materials have been worked in.. The open baths found in many of the rooms are an unforgettable experience. The bathroom is not stuck in a corner as in many other hotels but it has been made into an essential component for recuperation and relaxation. With a great love for detail. And with many fascinating ideas.
Day 2 | St. Gilgen – Gmunden - Linz (59 km / 37 miles)
Hotel Wolfinger is located in Linz’s beautiful main square, which has a history that extends back to the 15th century. The hotel gracefully combines progress and tradition – incorporating the comfort and convenience of a 3-star city hotel as well as the charm of historical stone walls, right in the center of Linz.
Day 3 | Linz - Cesky Krumlov (47 km / 30 miles)
The hotel offers accommodation in 11 luxury equipped double rooms, triple rooms and four-bed rooms. Some rooms offer unique view of the river and panorama of the town. The most precious jewel is of course Cesky Krumlov State Castle and Chateau with its majestic tower coming from the second half of 13th century, further on Saint Vitus Cathedral, Saint Jostss Church, vast complex of the brewery and 300 houses of the municipal preserve with the meader of the Vltava river the view of which can be well seen from our rooms. Each room is equipped with its own bathroom (including both bath and shower), TV, telephone, internet access, in-room safe and refrigerator. Buffet style breakfast is served in top floor of the hotel.
Day 4 | Cesky Krumlov – Ceske Budejovice – Hluboka nad Vltavou (42 km / 26 miles)
Hluboka nad Vltavou
Dear guests, visitors to South Bohemia. If you are wondering where to spend a romantic weekend, relax and forget your everyday worries or actively spend a few days of your holiday, we welcome you to stylish Hotel Podhrad. We hope that we will be able to offer relaxation in our comfortable rooms, pamper you in our wellness centre or tempt you to try some of the delicious meals in our restaurant.
Day 5 | Hluboka nad Vltavou – Pisek (53 km / 33 miles)
The Biograf Hotel is a modern image hotel right in the center of the royal town of Pisek. It is located in the immediate proximity of the Dean's Church and the renovated Gothic castle moat Parkan. The history of this location is enhanced by a unique archaeological discovery within Central Europe: the Bronze Age burial tumuli. The building of this four-star hotel has been designed by the architect in such a way that its modern design and the history of this building object have connected in an ideal way. As early as at the beginning of the twentieth century the building housed the first permanent cinema biography in the South-Bohemian town of Pisek. Despite this fact, the hotel accommodation offers everything a demanding guest needs: accessibility, access adapted for wheelchairs, comfort, convenience, airiness all this in a family-type hotel. It has to be pointed out that in 2006 the construction was awarded a prestigious prize.
Day 6 | Pisek – Pribram (64 km / 40 miles)
Stylish family boarding house in the centre of the old part of Pribram; 2-3 star level; single, double and three - bed rooms, WC, shower, TV; some rooms with the terrace, breakfast; suites with the kitchen and the terrace
Day 7 | Pribram – Prague ( 50 km / 32 miles)
Hotel Constans is located in the historical center of Prague - directly under Prague Castle. There are 31 spacious luxuriously furnished rooms. Due to its location and larger than standard rooms, it is the ideal place not only for business clientele, who especially appreciate the quiet environment in the centre, but also for those, who wish to spend unforgettable moments in historic Prague's romantic environment.
Day 8 | Prague
Austria - Salzburg to Prague self-guided
Double Occupancy 2 persons:
Double Occupancy 4 persons:
Double Occupancy 6 persons:
Austria - Salzburg to Prague guided
Private group of 4 to 7 participants:
Private group of 8 or more
Note: if you are looking to join an existing guided group, July 10-17 and August 21-28 are open for individual bookings.
How do our rates compare? See Why Pure Adventures is Better We include more services, respond quicker, and are there for your entire trip not just part of it. As a US based company, you can pay conveniently and securely. Call us toll free now 800-960-2221 (USA/Canada 8am-5pm MST); or eMail Us we respond same day to all emails. Our goal is to be better, respond quicker, and save you both time and money. We may not always be the least expensive, but we will be the best value for the money and time. Don't forget, we offer many destinations and will help you choose the best one for you. Let us help you and make your vacation easy!
Hybrid Bike Rentals are are available for a supplement of 105 euros, please see the bike information below for details.
- 7 nights accommodations in superior quality inns and small hotels
- Breakfast daily (usually a hot/cold buffet)
- Luggage transfers from hotel to hotel
- Local emergency support throughout the trip
- Cell phone rental (for local calls only - to our support)
- Transportation as in program
- Orientation on day 1 which includes a meeting at the first hotel
- Riding routes with maps and cue sheets
- Suggestions for visitation and dining
- Bike delivery, pickup, and fitting
- GPS (1/group or couple).
Dates: April through October; You can go any date subject to hotel availability. See a list of events below to help you choose some dates.
Self guided or guided: available on request from April through October.
What is self-guided cycling?
Level 3 - Moderate plus; terrain is flat to rolling; itineraries can be adapted for longer ride options.Tour Highlights: - Enjoy this undeveloped former communist controlled area of the Czech Republic to discover castles, artisans, and charming people. - Try an original Budweiser in Ceske Budejovice - This trail has a superb combination of landscape, chateaux, and three fabulous cities. - Guided trip dates: July 10-17 or August 21-28; or any date for groups of 4 or more. Need to Know: - This tour can be booked as a self-guided or guided tour. We can also arrange private guided group with 4 or more participants. Please inquire to join a set guided departure or set up your own - Hotel in Salzburg is not included but is strongly recommended. Please contact us for rates.
- The Festival of the Five-petalled Rose (usually mid-June) - Historical Renaissance festival with parades of people in medieval clothes as well as music concerts.
- Festival of Chamber music (End of June - early July) - Festival of the classical music with the longest tradition in Cesky Krumlov. Part of the festival comprises of ‘Music through the Ages’ where music can be heard on the tour route of Cesky Krumlov Castle.
- The International Music Festival (Mid-July to Mid-August) - Largest of Cesky Krumlov´s festivals. It has been going since 1992 and includes music of all periods with the
participation of renowned instrumentalists, singers, chamber ensembles, choirs and symphony orchestras.
- Festival of Early music (July) - Medieval, Renaissance and Baroque music played on original musical instruments where the original musical sources and the customs of interpretation of the period are respected.
- Jazz at the Summer´s end (Early September) - International jazz and alternative music festival. In addition to traditional venues the spontaneity of cafes, small bars, squares and unusual spaces are used for performances.- Celebrations of St.Wenceslas (September) - Autumn fair, celebration of good food and drink, theater pieces, and concerts for St.Wenceslas Day (Patron Saint of the Czech Lands).
- International Prague Spring Music Festival (May–June) - International music festival featuring orchestral and theater series, church concerts, recitals, morning concerts chamber music and symphony orchestras. http://www.festival.cz/en/
- Khamoro (May) - Roma Festival strives to show the richness and complexity of Roma culture and traditions. The festival is divided into 3 sections: professional, cultural and media. The festival strives on the one hand to present Roma culture, art and traditions as an integral part of Czech, European and world culture. http://www.khamoro.cz
- Verdi festival (August-September)-traditional festival of Verdi operas. http://www.opera.cz/en/
- Prague Autumn (September- October ) - International music festival. http://www.strunypodzimu.cz/en
International Jazz Festival (October-November).
Bikes Available on This Tour:
Trek or Scott hybrids:
TREK 7300 FX hybrid bicycle are a suitable choice for all our routes in Central Europe. They combine aspects of road and mountain bikes, being fast and capable of both paved and unpaved ride surfaces. Trek 7300fx Spec Sheet | We have men's and women's frames in your size; and either a Trek or Scott Sportster 40 Hybrid may be assigned to meet your needs. Rental Rate for this tour: 105 EurosIncluded are:
Our Destination guide will give you general travel info about this country; best time to travel, interesting sites, airports, weather, and more. We will include a PDF summary of this tour as well.
"I have just returned home from our wonderful trip to Eastern Europe and wanted to tell you how pleased we were with all your arrangements. The service on the ground was really amazing. Tom was always easy to reach with the cell phone that was part of our gear, and more than accommodating. The hotels that we stayed at surpassed our expectations in every case. And the breadth of exposure to Czech history and culture was lovely. And best of all, the GPS kept us on the straight and narrow most of the time. "
- Paula S./Canada
"Fantastic Trip! You folks really have this bike trip thing down. Every aspect of the trip was great..."
- Tom M./USA