Tour Type : Mountain Biking
Distance : 2-4 Hours/day
Duration : Mtn Biking 6 Days Self Guided
Availability: November 1 - April 30
Cost : starting at $ 799 USD
While your local trails are snow covered, join us for Saguaros, sunshine, Sedona and single track! Our trip begins in the Sonoran Desert with a wide variety of trails to suit intermediate to advanced riders before transferring to Sedona to finish out the week. The number of amazing trails to be found north of Scottsdale, AZ will astound you with over 200-miles of new single track opening in the last 5-years. Winter days often reach 70-degrees and the riding is fast and flowy. Next up we head to Sedona a red rock playground of slickrock, hard packed silt and ledge filled rides. Even better, this all takes place beneath soaring sandstone cliffs and an azure blue sky. Well known by sightseers and new age spiritualists, Sedona is also home to some of the best mountain biking in the country.
Level 3 or up to 5 - The mountain biking in these regions are rideable by most experienced cyclists; beginners not recommended. There is enough moderate terrain to fill the itinerary but very challenging options exist for strong, technical riders.
Ride options - longer/shorter on some days
Scottsdale add ons
Custom tours for groups, Hotel lodging, more
Josh’s attention to detail and keen awareness of what makes a great trip is apparent from the time you meet him. Josh began a National Outdoor Leadership course earning his Wilderness First Responder and even becoming a certified Master of Leave No Trace. In addition to his guide work, Josh utilizes his other talents designing dozens of custom adventures for our guests.
Click on a day to see that days itinerary.DAY 1DAY 2DAY 3DAY 4DAY 5DAY 6DAY 7
Just North of Phoenix and Scottsdale, Arizona lies a desert gem, the Carefree Resort & Conference Center. Here you can embrace the Southwestern lifestyle in total relaxation. It’s a place of soothing and simple spaces with uncluttered panoramic views of the Continental Mountains. Play tennis, enjoy the Spa, or simply relax at the pool with a margarita. For couples, families or groups, Carefree Resort & Conference Center is a year-round destination that truly lives up to its name.
Sedona Desert Winter Mountain Biking Tour
Price Per person based on double occupancy with a minimum of 2 participants:
Price Per person based on double occupancy with a minimum of 4 participants:
Guides are available for rides in Sedona (up to 4 persons):
US$195 per day
Upgrade Rates: upgrades to Chalet level rooms in Sedona, or other hotels possible. Camping at North Rim possible too; please inquire for rates.
Larger groups share cost savings; and guiding becomes very affordable, please inquire.
Any departure date possible; you travel with your own group.
Bike Rentals are not included, higher quality bikes are available for a supplement, please see the details below for the bikes we offer.
- Route Book and personal review with expert staff day 1 and 4
- 3 nights lodging at Red Agave Resort – double occupancy
- 3 nights lodging at Carefree Resort– double occupancy
- orientations on Days 1 and 4 to cover rides in each locale
- Emergency support locally in each locale
- Route books with driving info, restaurant suggestions
- Airfare to and from Phoenix
- Airport transfers
- Park Entry fees and Red Rock Pass
- Pre- and post-trip accommodations
- Optional gratuities to Pure Adventures staff
- Personal insurance and expenses
- Rental Mountain Bike and emergency repair kit– Giant Revel or equivalent
- Gloves, helmet and specific pedals when requested with rental are included
- Guide Services - on request, this can be a fully guided or partially guided trip; our guides are professional Wilderness First Responder certified
- High performance bike upgrade: Giant XTC Hardtail 29er or Trek Superfly AL 100 ($205-325 per bike)
Bike rental options for this tour: Giant Revel hardtail - $115US for the duration of the tour. Other mountain bike options: Giant XTC 29 hardtail for $205 Trance X 29er full suspension for $235 Trek Superfly full suspension for $325 For more details visit this page