The adventure starts in Bergen, one of the major Hanseatic cities in Europe and a UNESCO world heritage city. An amazing boat ride takes you to Norway’s longest and deepest fjord, one of the world’s most magnificent travel destinations. As part of the fascinating fjord landscapes you’ll see impressive waterfalls, ... Read More
The adventure starts in Bergen, one of the major Hanseatic cities in Europe and a UNESCO world heritage city. An amazing boat ride takes you to Norway’s longest and deepest fjord, one of the world’s most magnificent travel destinations. As part of the fascinating fjord landscapes you’ll see impressive waterfalls, quaint villages, medieval stave churches, hamlets and fjord side farms. Relaxing secondary roads and paths take you to breath-taking places on bike and by foot. Culinary highlights include: smoked salmon tasting, cider tasting, picnics at the top of scenic hikes overlooking the fjords, and a farm to table dinner at a private farmhouse.
Norway Bike Tour and Culinary Experience
Kviknes Hotel's traditions of hospitality go right back to 1752. The Kvikne family, which owns the hotel today, took over in 1877. Kviknes is a modern hotel with old-world charm and atmosphere and with 190 guest rooms is one of the most traditional hotels in Norway. The hotel is graced with an extensive collection of artworks and antiques, which give it its special style.
The hotel is placed in beautiful Norwegian national romantic scenery. The list of prominent guests is a long one. Kaiser Wilhelm II of Germany was a frequent guest in Balestrand. Royalty, emperors, presidents, prime ministers, film stars and artists from many countries can be found on the guest list.
BesteBakken is located in the heart of Luster in Sogn og Fjordane. The place is created and built around the original Bestestova in Bakken, majestically placed high up on the hillside overlooking the entire Hafslo. Here lived Ola Alme.
It is said that Skjolden got the first guesthouse in 1818, run by Rudolf Kramer. Since then it went through several hands before family Galde owned and ran the place from around 1908 to 2013. The hotel was in a period owned by an investor before Aslak and Siri Dalehaug bought it in 2015. During the fall and winter 2015 / 16 the hotel has received a substantial refurbishment to create a new and modern touch.
Hofslund Fjord Hotel is located in the center of Sogndal and is a family-run hotel from 1912. It is now the fourth generation of hosts who welcome you. Most rooms have fjord views and a balcony. The hotel has its own garden, outdoor swimming pool, jetty and rowing boats. From the garden you can enjoy the beautiful view of the Sognefjord.
• 1 night in Bergen, Comfort Hotel Holberg
• 3 nights in Balestrand, Kviknes Hotell
• 2 nights in Hafslo, BesteBakken Hotel
• 1 night in Skjolden
• 1 night in Sogndal
• Private transfer from the airport to the hotel in Bergen
• Transfers; from Sogndal to Hafslo, From Skjolden to Jostedalen and the glacier, and from
Jostedalen glacier to Sogndal.
• 5 picnic lunches without drinks, served outside with local products
• Lunch without drinks in Henjatunet in Leikanger, 2 courses and welcome cider
• 8 dinners without drinks, in a restaurant in Bergen, 2 buffet dinners in Kviknes Hotel, 1
dinner in Ciderhuset in Balestrand, 2 in BesteBakken, and 1 in Skjolden Hotel. 1 dinner in
a private place.
• Cooking course with dinner included
• Bike rentals in Bergen
• Entrance to Mount Fløyen cablecar in Bergen
• Fast boat ticket; Bergen - Balestrand, Balestrand - Leikanger and back to Bergen from Sogndal
• Bikes along the fjord, bike is equipped with light, rear rack with one bag, lock and helmet.
• Salmon tasting
• Cider tasting
• Entrance to Urnes stave church
• Entrance to the glacier center Jostedalen
• Guide and picnic cook/driver
• Luggage transfer
The Tour Summary is a PDF document you can share with your friends and puts all the key info shown in different tabs
here into 1 short compiled document. Our Destination guide will give you general travel info about this country; best
time to travel, interesting sites, airports, weather, and more.