Extraordinary single-track, beautiful views, towering cacti, 75-degree weather – all of this is the perfect escape when it’s too cold to ride at home! Nobody knows Arizona’s central Sonoran Desert better than the guides who live here. Each day you will ride rolling singletrack with amazing views of the lushest ... Read More
Extraordinary single-track, beautiful views, towering cacti, 75-degree weather – all of this is the perfect escape when it’s too cold to ride at home! Nobody knows Arizona’s central Sonoran Desert better than the guides who live here. Each day you will ride rolling singletrack with amazing views of the lushest desert in the world and magnificent mountain ranges surrounding you. If we have had a rainy year, expect seas of vibrant wildflowers during the spring months. During rest breaks, your guide’s knowledge of the flora, fauna, geology, and history of this unique eco-system will fascinate you. Highlights of this trip include a remote basecamp retreat packed with amenities, incredible views and fabulous mountain bike trails that can accommodate fit novices and experts alike.
McDowell Mountain Arizona
Accommodations: Nestled in the lower Verde River basin, the 21,099-acre park is a desert jewel in the northeast Valley and has over 50 miles of trails with spectacular views of the surrounding mountain ranges. A refreshingly unheated shower is available in your base camp for your convenience. There are also heated shower facilities just a short bike ride away.
If you rent our gear:
All tents are made of durable construction with a full-coverage rainfly. Each tent has plenty of space for two people and their gear, as well as thick, comfortable sleeping pads. Freshly cleaned sleeping bags also available.
Guided Mountain Bike Tours Arizona Easy Desert Cycling Adventures
- 2 nights camping at AOA Basecamp
- Round-trip ground transportation from Scottsdale host hotel
- Basecamp Group Gear (personal mess kit, kitchen equipment, hand washing station, dish washing station, solar shower, camp chairs, etc.)
- Meals starting lunch Day 1 through lunch Day 3
- Water and snacks
- Professional Wilderness First Responder-certified guides/mechanics.
- Personal insurance and expenses
- Air transportation to and from Scottsdale/Phoenix
- Pre- and post-trip lodging
- Airport transfers (available through our host hotel)
- Breakfast Day 1, dinner Day 3
- 4-Person Basecamping Tent (available to rent from AOA)
- Sleeping pad (available to rent from AOA)
- Sleeping bag (available to rent from AOA)
- Bike and helmet (available to rent from AOA)
- Bike shipping/building/packing/tuning*
- Personal cycling kit
- Gratuities to Guides
The Tour Summary is a PDF document you can share with your friends and puts all the key info shown in different tabs
here into 1 short compiled document. Our Destination guide will give you general travel info about this country; best
time to travel, interesting sites, airports, weather, and more.